Zeta is a small emulator, implementing a fraction of a DOS-compatible environment just large enough to run ZZT and Super ZZT, allowing user-friendly and accurate usage of them in modern
environments, as well as easy packaging, distribution and embedding of ZZT games.
- 100% gameplay accuracy - it's an emulator, not a clone,
- Automatic, CPU-friendly speed scaling, taking into account ZZT's engine design,
- Easy to port to various platforms, including:
- SDL (Windows, Linux, BSD, macOS, ...),
- Web (WebAssembly-based; modern web browsers),
- Curses (play ZZT in your terminal!),
- Android (work in progress),
- Small footprint.
To run the emulator, you'll need a copy of ZZT or Super ZZT extracted in the same directory!
(For the web version, it loads in ZIP files directly - so the "zzt.zip" file should suffice.)
beta 12 - 7th July 2019
- [SDL] Fix HiDPI support on Windows (as found by lynn)
- Fixed in-emulator time not being set correctly
beta 11 - 16th June 2019
- [SDL] Fix rare screenshot corruption bug (as found by Dr_Dos)
- [Web] Minor code cleanup; recompiled with Emscripten 1.38.36
beta 10 - 3rd May 2019
- [Curses] Add new port! (Unfortunately, no builds at this time)
- [SDL] Add screenshot key - F12
- [SDL] Minor fixes
- [SDL] New software/fallback renderer - much more efficient (still worse than OpenGL, of course)
- [Web] Custom character set installer support
- [Web] Improved timing accuracy
- [Web] Significant code refactors
- Allow changing the 'typematic rate' via interrupts (in-emulation)
beta 9 - 17th March 2019
- [SDL] Add fullscreen toggle - ALT+ENTER
- [SDL] Allow loading multiple executables in a row with "-e"
- [SDL] Allow disabling blinking with "-b"
- [SDL] Custom character set installer support
- [Web] First public release
- Fix CPU usage regression
beta 8 - 16th March 2019
Copyright (c) 2018, 2019 Adrian Siekierka
Zeta is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
Zeta is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
Different licensing terms can be discussed, if necessary - contact me.
If you appreciate the work, please consider supporting me on Liberapay.